(annual allowance of no less than 290,000 RMB)
Post-doctoral Researcher of Shanghai Jiaotong Univerisity
Qualified applicants will be informed to interview as soon as possible.
A full-time postdoctoral position is available for a Ph.D. graduate in the Shanghai Key Laboratory of Diabetes Mellitus in Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai Diabetes Research institute, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated Sixth People’s Hospital, China. Junli Liu's research focuses on the basic research and drug development of diabetes and its complications: the role of endoplasmic reticulum stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in the development of diabetes; novel hormones related to metabolic diseases; exploration new antidiabetic drugs; diabetic nephropathy research.
Dr. Junli Liu received B.S. from Nankai University in 2004, M.S. and Ph.D. from Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2009. He completed his postdoctoral training with Rober S. Langer in MIT, and with Umut Ozcan in Harvard Medical School. Dr. Liu has published 4 papers as first or co-first author in top scientific journals including Cell (3 papers) and Nature Medicine (1 paper). He was awarded with over-sea high level talent funding and supported by the national “Advanced Youth” project.
* In accordance with regulations regarding SJTU and Shanghai Diabetes Institute Post-doctors, annual allowance of no less than 290,000 RMB, including standard benefits. Besides this, extra bonus will be supply if the postdoc make a great achievement in the projects. For example, if the postdoc publish one paper on scientific journal (IF>10), his annual allowance and bonus will be 320,000 RMB for 3 years.
* The successful applicants will be arranged to be settled in Shanghai, along with children’s nursery school in accordance with relevant regulations.
* The initial appointment will be for 3 years and renewable for 1 additional years (The exact time depend on the project progress). After 4 years postdoctoral training, the outstanding researchers will be promoted and get Assistant Researcher position.
* Applicants must get their Ph.D. degree in short time. If they have gotten their Ph.D. degree, they should be working in research field not other field.
* Applicants with diabetes and metabolic disease research background are preferred.
* Excellent biochemical and animal experiments skills are preferred.
* Research papers published in top scientific journals are preferred.
* Overseas study and research experience are preferred.
* Excellent presentation and writing skills in both English and Chinese, good coordination, communication skills and team spirit are required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV, publications, and the contact information of 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Postdoc Position” in the subject line.